Cultural Competency HB 2864
- Since the hearing a couple weeks ago, OSA staff and Lobby Corps have been following up work with a variety of stakeholders to make sure we are addressing questions and concerns. We are looking to have a work session scheduled towards the end of March to get HB 2864 voted out of House Higher Education.
End Profiling HB 2355
- We joined the End Profiling Coalition this week to discuss the best strategy moving forward after our successful hearing. We are still in talks with law enforcement, DA’s and the speaker’s office about the language around drug decriminalization. Once language is finalized we will move forward with a scheduling a work session.
Survivor Amnesty SB 762
- We are currently in discussions with Sen. Gelser’s office and the Attorney General’s office about an amendment to also provide Amnesty to the friends who may call for medical assistance if the survivor is incapacitated. After the language is finalized this week we will be moving to schedule a work session.
Ethnic Studies HB 2845
- Hearing date is set for March 15. We will have students, coalition partners and educators testify on the bill. We currently have over 40 organizations that have endorsed the Ethnic studies bill.
Mental Health Taskforce SB 231
- We are currently working on an amendment to include drug addiction as it relates to mental health issues. We are hoping to have the amendment in the next couple of days to move forward with a work session.
Gender and Name Change Documentation HB 2673
- This is scheduled for a House floor vote March 14th. We have submitted a letter of support for legislators to view.
Other Policy highlights
- OSU Expansion package is scheduled for a work session for March 14th and will be referred to Ways and Means for further deliberation.
Upcoming Key Dates
- Ethnic Studies Hearing – March 15th
- Gender and Name Change Floor Vote – March 14th
Credit for Prior Learning committee
The HECC is still looking for a student to sit on this committee. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
COMMENT : Off